Trending Projects That You might like:
Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC) has emerged as one of Dubai’s most popular communities for both buyers and renters in recent years. Located just off Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, JVC offers an affordable yet high-quality lifestyle close to key areas like Dubai Marina, Dubai Internet City, and Downtown Dubai.
In this extensive guide, we’ll explore all the reasons why JVC is worth considering for your next home in Dubai, including factors like:
- Family-friendly community
- Self-contained area with amenities
- Sports and fitness facilities
- Trends in real estate sales and rents
- Accessibility and transport links
- And more
So whether you’re a first-time buyer or seasoned investor – read on to understand the investment potential of Jumeirah Village Circle!
An Overview of Jumeirah Village Circle
Let’s start with some background on JVC itself.
Jumeirah Village Circle, often referred to simply as “JVC,” is a large master-planned residential community located between Dubai Investments Park and Dubai Production City off the E311 Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road.
It occupies around 870 hectares of land arranged in a circular shape, divided into different “districts” numbered 1 through 16. JVC is developed primarily by Nakheel – one of Dubai’s leading developers and the creators of famous projects like the Palm Jumeirah and The World Islands.
Construction began in 2005, and today there are over 30,000 residents living in Jumeirah Village Circle across nearly 1,000 completed residential buildings.
The community consists mostly of high-rise apartment buildings, townhouses, and villas, ranging from studios to spacious 5 bedroom units. Prices tend to range from affordable to mid-range, making it popular among middle-income buyers and families.
Let’s explore more of what makes JVC such an appealing investment hub
A Family-Friendly Community
JVC is designed as a family-friendly community, with all the amenities and facilities you’d need to live comfortably with kids and other dependents.
For starters, the wide tree-lined roads, spacious parks and water features give JVC a quiet, peaceful ambiance despite its convenient location off a major highway. You can go for relaxing strolls along the numerous jogging tracks or let the children play safely in one of the 30 separate parks and playgrounds spread around the community.
Other family-focused amenities include:
Schools: Quality schools located right inside JVC including:
- Kids World Nursery
- Ladybird Nursery
- University of Manchester
- Middlesex University
- British Schools:
- Sunmarke School
- Nord Anglia International School
- Victoria Heights Primary School.
- American Schools:
- Renaissance School
- American School of Dubai
- Al Mawaqeb School Al Barsha
- Indian Schools:
- JSS International School
- Delhi Private School Dubai
- Gems New Millennium School
Medical: Easy access to hospitals like Aster Hospital, Ahalia Hospital, and Amina Hospital which are just a short drive away.
Shopping: Major supermarkets like Carrefour, Blue Mart, Choithrams, and Spinneys meeting day-to-day needs. Also, the convenient Circle Mall and Mall of Emirates with 42 retail outlets.
Dining: Over 50 cafes and restaurants serving different world cuisines.
Entertainment: Clubs offering swimming pools, gyms, sports facilities for residents of all ages to enjoy.
This wide range of amenities makes life very convenient for families residing in Jumeirah Village Circle.
A Self-Contained Community
Another major advantage is that JVC has developed into a practically self-sufficient community over the years. Most of your daily needs can be fulfilled without needing to go out of the neighborhood.
Let’s look at some of things that make it self-contained:
- Supermarkets & Groceries – Plenty of choice from Carrefour, Choithrams, Spinneys, Geant Express for all grocery needs
- Commercial & Retail – The Circle Mall is the main retail hub with 42 outlets offering shopping, dining and entertainment. More retail and office spaces are upcoming.
- Clinics & Pharmacies – Medical clinics like Aster, Amina Hospital, and Life Pharmacy outlets for healthcare needs.
- Banks – Major banks like Emirates NBD, Mashreq, CBD provide conveniently located branches & ATMs.
- Transportation – Bus stops with routes to key places like Ibn Battuta Metro, Dubai Marina, Mall of the Emirates located within the community.
- Dining – 50+ restaurants & cafes dotted around JVC serving Arabic, Asian, and international cuisines at affordable rates.
- Lifestyle – Pool facilities, neighborhood parks, jogging tracks cater to all fitness levels and ages.
So whether it’s picking up groceries, seeing a doctor, catching a movie, or having a meal out – JVC lets you fulfill most daily needs without having to go too far. Everything is available either within walking distance or a short drive away.
This makes JVC popular for busy professionals, families with working parents, and retirees seeking convenient self-contained housing with recreational options just steps away.
An Excellent Option for Sports & Fitness
As part of its family-friendly offerings, Jumeirah Village Circle has exceptional sports amenities for football, cricket, badminton and other activities across its sprawling expanse. This makes it ideal for sports lovers and fitness enthusiasts.
Here’s an overview of the sports infrastructure available to JVC residents:
- Football – Full-sized football field at Circle Park with seating, changing rooms and floodlights for late evening games. Additional mini football pitches in smaller parks.
- Cricket – International standard cricket field located in District One with turf pitches, practice nets, changing & washrooms. Floodlit for night games. And Dubai International Cricket Stadium is 10 min away from JVC.
- Badminton & Tennis – Dedicated badminton courts in Circle Park & other neighborhood parks. Tennis practice wall available.
- Basketball & Volleyball – Basketball courts with proper flooring are available in many parks, along with sand volleyball courts.
- Swimming – Almost every apartment tower, as well as many villa communities, have free access to swimming pools for regular workouts or leisure.
- Jogging & Cycling – Over 8 km long jogging track encircling the entire community. Dedicated cycle paths are provided alongside roads.
- Gyms – Many gyms like Snap Fitness FitRepublik are located around the community, offering exercise equipment and classes.
JVC also has the advantage of being right next to two world-famous golf clubs – The Els Club and the Trump International Golf Club, which are only about 10 minutes drive away.
With this kind of extensive sports infrastructure integrated within the community, JVC naturally appeals to sportspeople and families seeking an active lifestyle.
Trends in JVC Real Estate Sales & Rents
Now that we’ve covered the lifestyle aspects let’s look at the investment appeal of Jumeirah Village Circle.
JVC currently has about 679 building developments in Jumeirah Village Circle. Of these, 341 are complete residential buildings: villas, townhouses or apartment towers built by various developers like Nakheel, Danube, Azizi and others.
There is also a significant upcoming supply with 180 further residential projects at various stages of development or planning.
In terms of popularity among buyers, JVC ranks as the 3rd highest community for property transactions in the UAE. Only Downtown Dubai and Dubai Marina see higher sales velocity.
For tenants, JVC ranks 3rd for rental searches, showing ongoing strong demand to live in the area.
Let’s analyze a bit deeper the performance of both sale and rental markets in Jumeirah Village Circle:
As per 2023 data, average sales prices for apartments in JVC range from AED 475 psf to AED 7.1 million depending on unit type and developer:
|Average Sales Price in AED
Price trends mainly remained flat over the past 2 years after 25-30% falls from 2014 peaks. This indicates sales prices have largely stabilized at current levels compared to other declining locations.
In terms of yields, studios generate net yields around 7%, with 1 & 2 Beds delivering 5-6% net yields on average.
For villas, average sale prices start from around AED 2.4 M for 4 Beds, with 5 Beds available from AED 4 M.
|Average Sales Price in AED
Compared to other villa locations in Dubai, JVC provides relatively affordable 4 & 5-bedroom options to buyers, especially when you consider additions like Damac Hills, which shares the community facilities.
The affordability of Jumeirah Village Circle is also apparent in relatively low average rents, especially for apartments:
|Average Annual Rent (AED)
|75,000 – 150,000
|128,000 – 155,000
Even larger 4BR apartments are available to rent from AED 140k per annum.
A good supply across different unit types in JVC helps keep rental rates competitive while delivering solid yields to investors. Studios earn 8-10% gross yields, with 1 & 2 Beds returning 6-8% depending on the developer.
ROI For Apartments
ROI For Villa
For villas, prevailing rents today are around AED 160k for 4 beds and AED 240k for 5 beds. These translate to gross yields of 5-6% per annum.
Overall, JVC offers affordable sales prices and gross rental yields mostly better than many other freehold locations across Dubai.
Easy Accessibility & Transport
Jumeirah Village Circle lies near several arterial roads like Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311 Highway), Al Khail Road (E44) & Hessa Street which connect all parts of Dubai.
- Just 20 minutes drive to major landmarks like Dubai Mall & Burj Khalifa downtown
- 25 minutes away from Dubai International Airport Terminals
- Direct access route onto Hessa Street leading to Dubai Marina area
- Adjacent location to other communities like Dubai Sports City, Dubai Investment Park, Dubai Silicon Oasis etc.
For public transport, there are dedicated RTA bus stops located throughout JVC, providing cheap connections:
- Route J01 direct to Ibn Battuta Metro Station on the Red Line
- Route C01 to Mall of the Emirates Metro Station on the Red Line
- Easy bus access to Dubai Internet City Metro Station on the Red Line
- Bus route D90 connects Al Khail Road to the Gold Souk Deira
- Inter-community bus F55 transports to Dubai Production City
The extensive road infrastructure coupled with affordable bus connectivity make JVC highly accessible despite the lack of a Metro station. This adds to its attraction for commuters working in different parts of Dubai or the Northern Emirates.
Developing Retail & Office Spaces
Retail and commercial spaces are also gradually developing now within Jumeirah Village Circle beyond just the Circle Mall:
- The upcoming lifestyle center “The Lounge” offers dining and leisure options
- Proposed strip mall “The Walk” around a canal running through District One
- More shoppes, pharmacies and convenience stores are being built catering to resident needs
Additionally, developers like Danube and Azizi handed over over 300,000 sq. ft. of commercial office space last year in JVC. Further office buildings are still being constructed, opening up employment within the community.
As JVC transforms into a truly live-work-play township, its self-sufficiency and real estate appeal grows for both occupiers as well as investors.
Ongoing & Upcoming Projects in JVC
Now let’s take a look at some notable residential projects recently completed or currently under development across various districts of Jumeirah Village Circle:
- Belgravia 2 (completed 2019)
- Eaton Place (completed 2019)
- Belgravia (completed 2016)
- Harrington House (completed 2022)
- District 12
- Bloom Heights (completed 2021)
- Regina Tower (completed 2021)
- Binghatti Luna (completed 2023)
- Belgravia Heights 1 (completed 2021)
- District 13
- Samana Waves Apartment (off plan 2025)
- District 18
- Loci Residences (completed 2022)
- Ghalia (completed 2019)
- Grand Paradise
- Torino Apartments by ORO24 (off plan 2024)
- Binghatti House (off plan 2024)
- Zazen One (completed 2022)
- Indigo Ville
- Pantheon Elysee (completed 2020)
- La Riviera Estates
- Bloom Towers (completed 2021)
- Park Villas (completed 2009)
- Aces Chateau (completed 2017)
- Le Grand Chateau (completed 2014)
- Oakley Square Residences (off-plan 2024)
- Tuscan Residences
- Artistic Villas (completed 2016)
As we can see, hundreds of residential buildings have already been handed over across JVC in recent years, with more scheduled completion over the next 2-3 years.
All this new housing supply helps prevent overheating of prices while meeting ongoing population growth through in-migration. There is also something for all budgets – from affordable studios / 1 beds to luxurious ready villas.
Factors Driving Population Growth
What is fueling demand for so many housing units cropping up across Jumeirah Village Circle? Let’s examine the main drivers:
- Infrastructure Upgrades – Recently, 3 key new entry/exits opened up, providing direct connectivity to Hessa Street and onwards to Meydan, Dubai Silicon Oasis and other communities. This significantly improves accessibility making JVC more attractive. Several new mosques have also opened, including the Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair Mosque, Ahmed Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair Mosque, and Dr. Zakir Naik Mosque to serve the growing population.
- New Retail – Establishments like Circle Cafe, Last Exit, Johnson’s Butchery, Centerpoint and others have opened showcasing the emergence of JVC as a vibrant retail destination beyond just Circle Mall.
- Growing Community – Damac Hills expansion has led to even more new homes and amenities like shops, pools, and sports facilities that JVC residents also have easy access too via shuttle bus connections. Several new clubhouses have been built across different districts hosting events and social activities to unite the resident community.
- Upcoming Attractions – Dubai Holding has announced plans to develop a central entertainment hub located along the Dubai Canal extension crossing into Jumeirah Village Circle. This new waterfront dining and retail destination will give a major boost to JVC’s lifestyle offerings.
As infrastructure improves, new attractions open up, and community bonds strengthen – Jumeirah Village Circle is fast developing into one of Dubai’s most well-rounded neighborhoods beyond just affordable housing.
Service Charges & Maintenance Quality
When evaluating real estate, an important consideration is the complexity of ownership – specifically the maintenance fees attached and the quality of facilities/service provided in return.
In Jumeirah Village Circle, annual service charges for apartments average around AED 13 to 15 per sq. ft. This translates to:
- Studios & 1BR – Approximately AED 7,000 to 9,000
- 2BR – AED 10,000 to 13,000
- 3BR – AED 13,000 to 18,000
For villas, annual charges are higher depending on the community, ranging from AED 25,000 for a 4 Bed to AED 45,000+ for 5 Beds in some luxury enclaves.
Compared to attractions like Downtown Dubai or Dubai Marina, these annual charges in JVC are far more affordable.
In return residents enjoy access to facilities like fully equipped gyms, swimming pools, landscaped parks / play areas, reading spaces, sports courts etc., depending on the development.
Dedicated management teams also handle repairs and housekeeping of common areas. Many newer projects have smart home automation features and in-house maintenance teams for any issues
With its family-friendly amenities, an abundance of sports facilities, affordability, accessibility, and constantly improving infrastructure – Jumeirah Village Circle has cemented itself as one of Dubai’s most attractive communities.
Whether you’re looking to rent or buy, have kids or not, are on a budget or want luxury – JVC caters to a wide spectrum of buyers, investors, and residents with varied preferences.
As the community continues expanding with new projects on the horizon, Jumeirah Village Circle’s investment prospects look set only to get better. Its location, convenience, lifestyle offerings and value make it hard to beat.
So for your next foray into Dubai real estate, be sure to have JVC on your shortlist!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different districts in JVC?
The main districts in JVC are Districts 1 through 16, arranged in a circular layout. Some popular districts include Districts 12, 13 and 18, with many completed residential projects.
What type of properties are available in JVC?
JVC has apartment buildings ranging from studios to 5+ bedrooms, townhouses, and villas. Price ranges vary accordingly from affordable to luxury options.
How’s the transport and connectivity in JVC?
JVC is well-connected via major roads like E311 and E44. There are regular bus routes to metro stations and other key areas. However, there is no metro station within JVC currently.
What amenities are available for families in JVC?
JVC has over 30 parks, sports facilities, nurseries, British/American/Indian schools, supermarkets, clinics, restaurants and more catering to families.
What are the prevailing rental rates in JVC?
Rental rates range from AED 36,000/yr for studios to AED 150,000/yr for 3BR apartments. Villas/townhouses start from AED 95,000/yr.
What are the average sales prices in JVC?
Apartment prices range from AED 475k for studios to AED 3.8M for 4BR units. Villas start from AED 2.4M for 4BR.
What yields can be expected in JVC?
Rental yields of 6-10% can be expected depending on the property type. Capital appreciation has been stable in recent years.
Are there any upcoming projects in JVC?
Yes, there are many new residential projects currently under construction across different districts launching over the next 2-3 years.
What are the service charges and maintenance costs?
Service charges average AED 13-15/sqft for apartments and AED 25,000-45,000/yr for villas depending on size. Facilities are well-maintained.
Should I invest/buy in JVC?
JVC is popular due to its affordability, amenities, investment returns and community feel. It continues improving and remains a sound investment choice.